Friday, May 4, 2012

Having a Baby

We had a baby. Yep, February 13 2012 Emma was born. It was a life changing experience that's for sure. Lets start by telling you about this giving birth experience.. 

I was so ready to not be pregnant any more! I was 2 days overdue! Yikes!! I kept asking all the moms about labor what it was  like, or what contractions felt like..This is my first baby, I was filled with questions! who wouldn't be! Everyone always told me, while I was approaching my due date of February 11th that I will know when I am going into labor and I will know when I start contractions.  I thought, yeah right...And yes I did. It was Sunday night, contractions started.  YAY!!  (I learned how to time them from a birthing class the hubby and I took) I was in the hospital at 1am, Monday morning.  :)

-When I found out I was having a baby, I was scared of getting the epidural! Once I was in labor, I begged for it!- Kudos to all you moms that can do this naturally! :)

At the hospital, I was in labor and pain, a lot of pain.  I was happy and scared since I knew I was going to be meeting my daughter very soon. I was dilated to 1cm and 50% when I showed up, after being there my water broke and things started moving along.....I kept thinking I am one step closer! It was becoming early morning and I screamed in pain (I was not having this all natural thought any more) I got my epidural around 7am. Yay! :) 11am came around and I was ready for pushing...I woke up my hubby to tell him it's time!! He then decide to got get something to eat, ha I told him he better hurry! When he came back in the room with his food, I had pushed a few times and had some oxygen on, he was surprised! I started to push more, by then he couldn't eat what he got, haha. I just kept pushing and pushing...While I was in labor/pushing I couldn't believe how sick I was! I was running a fever, and medicine wouldn't bring it down :(
Then..
3 hours later..


Emma Kay was born @2:02 pm. 8lb 9oz

YAY!




Best Day Ever.

1 comment:

  1. You were amazing! You had a healthy pregnancy and delivered a perfect baby… “Emma”. GAMA

    ReplyDelete